Browse This Collection
To request access to these or any other online collections, or to schedule an appointment to see a collection that has not yet been digitized, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This digital collection contains the papers of Jewish families and individual and records of Jewish organizations from the North Shore of Boston. The North Shore includes the towns of Lynn, Beverly, Salem, Marblehead, Swampscott, Newburyport, and Manchester-by-the-Sea. Originally housed at the Jewish Heritage Center of the North Shore, their collections will now be available online through a partnership with AJHS-NEA. For more information on JHCNS, visit their website.
View highlights of the organization's oral history project, "Living on the North Shore of Massachusetts Before 1950." Note: this will take you to the YouTube website.
Collection numbers (denoted by a P-# or I-#) link to the finding aids, which will provide more detailed information on each collection.
Organization and Group Records
- Congregation Ahabot Shalom (I-568), Lynn, Massachusetts. Browse collection.
- Congregation Anshai Sfard (I-556), Lynn, Massachusetts. Browse collection.
- Temple Ner Tamid (I-561), Peabody, Massachusetts. Browse collection.
- Temple Shalom Sons of Jacob (I-553), Salem, Massachusetts. Browse collection.
- Temple Sinai of Swampscott (I-565), Swampscott, Massachusetts. Browse collection.
Family and Individual Papers
Sponsors of the Jewish Heritage Center of the North Shore Digital Archives
- Dr. James and Helaine Hazlett
- David Kruger
- Alan and Donna Pierce
- Mr. and Mrs. Robert Simon
- Marshall and Dorothy Sterman
- Herb Selesnick and Hinda Sterling
- Harold and Zelda Kaplan
- The Joseph L. Simon Memorial Fund:
- Peter Jaffe
- Judy Remis
- Barbara Scholnick
- Bob Simon
- George Simon
- Marsha Stelman